If you used numeric keys then you can do pagination by key in order to get
all items from the datastore and count them. Basically this involves
querying the datastore several times, each time filtering on keys that are
greater than the highest key from the results of the previous query. You
won't want to do this often as it will likely take to long to do it in a
single request so you'll probably only want to do it once and store the
value in a counter for later use.

If you are using key names and don't have a way of pulling unique data, say
via a create time DateTimeProperty, then I'm afraid you're kind of out of
luck. You could try different filters and pull the data locally and compare
the keys to get unique entities but that sounds like a serious pain. Someone
else might have a better idea in this case.

Ian

--
株式会社ビープラウド  イアン・ルイス