Ritesh,

Also, BTW, The reason that obj1 and obj2 can have different types of keys is
because the key is not saved on a model level. It is saved at the entity
level. Each entity can have id or key_names.

Apparently obj2 was saved without a key name and was given a numeric key.
obj1 was saved with a key_name.

So to answer your question, yes, within a model/Kind you can have some
entities that have a numeric id and some that have key names.

Ian

2009/6/24 Ian Lewis <ianmle...@gmail.com>

> Ritesh,
>
> Keys can either have a numeric id or a key_name. In order to access the key
> name for entities that you saved with a key_name you need to use the
> key_name() method.
>
> instead of obj.key().id(),  try obj.key().name()
>
> Incedentally you can also use obj.key().id_or_name() to get either the id
> or the name depending on which you are using.
>

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Ritesh Nadhani <rite...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> When I save a model with (key_name=...) value, the key does not seem
>> to have an id.
>>
>> Eg.
>>
>> Mode1(key_name='xxx').put()
>>
>> obj.key().id() - None
>>
>> Model2()
>>
>> obj2.key().id() - 1
>>
>> Is this intented?
>>
>> Can I have both key_name and id in a mode?
>>
>> --
>> Ritesh
>> http://www.riteshn.com

> 株式会社ビープラウド  イアン・ルイス