Hi Sylvain,

Great question! The bucket sized is intended to allow you to regulate bursts
of incoming task executions. For example, if you set the bucket size to 1,
only one task in the queue can be started at a time. If the task queues
quota bucket is empty, no new tasks for the queue will be started.

This differs slightly from rate (as noted in the docs):

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/config/queue.html#Queue_Definitions

A high rate with a small bucket size means that new tasks will be executed
quickly when the queue is empty, but only a small number of tasks will be
started at once. So you could intentionally cause the queue to grow longer
when lots of new tasks are being added to spread out your task execution
more evenly.

Cheers,

Jeff