Hi Tony,

At the moment, the back off on a failure is starts at 100ms and from there
subsequent failures incur an exponential backoff with a maximum upper
bounds. The retry time calculation is one part of the task queue system
which we expect to change quite a bit, so please don't rely on this in your
design. There is also a congestion control factor which can complicate
predictions of when a failed task will be tried again. I'm glad that you
asked about this, and we will make sure to better document this in the
future.

Thank you,

Jeff