I've been having the same problem since yesterday (with a Java app),
Judging by how many messages there are on the groups about this the
past couple of days, this is most likely a global app engine issue
happening this weekend.  I don't think it's related to the actual
number of versions people currently have deployed nor their deployment
quota (both of mine are fine).

Cross posted:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/5083c89588258546/fba352f293600709#fba352f293600709