After looking at Google App Engine docs and groups it seems that the
App Engine does not provide a way to scan uploaded files for viruses.
Is that something Google is planning to provide in future? We would
need it before our application goes live in about 6 months.

Without this feature we would have to look at Amazon EC2 and see if
that allows us to run Symantec Scan Engine.

Since Symantec Scan Engine is not possible with Google App Engine,
does anyone know of another solution that might work with the App
Engine?

Thanks