On Jul 15, 4:05 pm, Tony <fatd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The response has the "Set-cookie" header set, which will cause the
> user's browser to save the cookie and then present it on the next
> request (after redirected by the 302).  In my code I've opted not to
> follow the redirect, and extracted the cookie myself, because it's the
> urlfetch service doing the request, not the user.  You can then either
> return a response to the user with a "Set-cookie" HTTP header (causing
> their browser to save the cookie), or handle it some other way (return
> it in the body and set the cookie with Javascript, for example).
>
> I think I misunderstood your original question, though, and you're
> looking for something different.  You want to get an authorization
> cookie and then use it to make repeated requests with urlfetch, not
> with a browser?  If that's the case, you're going to want to capture
> the "Set-cookie" header from the second response, and supply that in
> future requests (setting the "Cookie" header for urlfetch).

Yes, that is exactly what I want :) My client app. is not browser-
based. I guess I'll just use your method then.. appengine_rpc must be
intended for browser apps only, as it does nothing to capture the
auth. cookie. I could of course extend the appengine_rpc module to
capture the cookie, but the module uses urllib2.OpenerDirector.open()
to open URLs and this is perhaps not the way to go in my case? I am
not sure what the difference is between urlfetch() and open().... it
seems like I can get the headers (and hereby the cookie) by using info
() on the response from open().