I inherited an application the logs data to the app engine. It's a
simple single "table" log, similar to a web log. It seems on Friday
around 5PM it stopped logging. The log is full of errors, 10,402 in
the last 12 hours.

The API call datastore_v3.Put() required more quota than is available.

My impression was that the data store was limited to 1GB per day,
since the chart says "Daily Limit" as the column header. I know there
were million of entries, since it's never been cleaned out. I know I'm
not hitting 1GB of stored data per day, and no new data has been
accepted for over 2 days.

Any clarification on what the real limit is? I know I need to delete
just about all of the entries, and I don't need them. But as I
mentioned, I inherited this and it seems I have to right a script to
run the simple delete query/gql.

Any help, advice, ridicule great appreciated.