Hi

I honestly can't see the why from  a yui point of view that the dev
server could be
any different to the prod server, unless you have slightly different
output
of the html and/or accompanying styles.

I suggest you save the css and html page as rendered on both systems
and then do a diff between them.

I am successfully using yui on sdk and prod with absolutley no
problems.