I'm trying to port over some of the Google Android app-building
classes so I can build Google Android applications on top of Google
AppEngine.  It's a little perverse, but bear with me.  :)

One step toward this is getting the .APK signature stuff ready.  In
fact, I've gotten this to work in my regular JRE environment:

    http://github.com/dyoo/BuildApk/tree/master

However, when I try running these classes on AppEngine
(plt.wescheme.SignedJarBuilder, plt.wescheme.DebugKeyProvider), I run
into the whitelist problem: the following classes aren't in the
whitelist, and I haven't found equivalents for these on the AppEngine
platform:

import sun.misc.BASE64Encoder;
import sun.security.pkcs.ContentInfo;
import sun.security.pkcs.PKCS7;
import sun.security.pkcs.SignerInfo;
import sun.security.x509.AlgorithmId;
import sun.security.x509.X500Name;

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this problem?  I
did try porting the code to work with the Bouncy Castle libraries, but
that was a failure; the emitted APK files didn't have the same content
as the package produced using the sun packages.