I'd like to draw more attention to a security issue with the App
Engine quota system which makes it particularly easy for an attacker
to use up an app's bandwidth quota.

User syntax writes that when a client requests a large (10 MB) static
file but cancels the download immediately, the whole file size is
nevertheless counted against the outgoing bandwidth quota. By
repeating such requests without completing them, an attacker can
exhaust an app's quota while using little bandwidth on their side.

Originally reported in the issue tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1178

P. S. Please cc me because I'm not subscribed to the group.