I've tried to let Eclipse automatically enhance my classes, but that
failed, running it manually produces the following error:

DataNucleus Enhancer (version 1.1.4) : Enhancement of classes
05-Aug-2009 23:07:21 org.datanucleus.metadata.xml.MetaDataParser
parseMetaDataSt
ream
SEVERE: Parser error with file "file:/C:/Users/Sebastian/workspace/
guestbook/src
/guestbook/Greeting.java" has cause
Error reading the Meta-Data input "Content is not allowed in prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
..etc...

As far as I can tell this is just the parser complaining about some
junk characters before the "<?xml ..." line, however there are no junk
characters there! I've even explicitly saved it without a Byte Order
Marker using Notepad++ but it *still* fails. So I'm guessing
DataNucleus somehow it adds back in a BOM or something at the start of
the file causing the XML parser to fail?

The XML file I'm using for JDO is the auto-generated one (I'm just
doing the guestbook sample here:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/gettingstarted/usingdatastore.html
).

I'm on Windows 7, using:
java version "1.6.0_15"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02, mixed mode)

Anyone ever had anything like this?