Hi,

I'm a total newbie to App Engine, and to web apps in general, with a
background in front end web design.

Anyway, I've worked through the (python) "Getting Started" guide, and
it makes sense. Now I'm trying to change small bits and pieces to
better my understanding.

For instance, I'm now using a descriptive primary key for the
datastore by providing a user-submitted "Key Name":

        greeting = Greeting(key_name="%s" % self.request.get('ID'))

This works fine.

However, I'm at a loss as to how to get a row back out of the
datastore by using its Key Name. What variable should I include in my
GQL, or am I missing the point?

Many thanks, and excuse my ignorance,
Stephen