Hi,

We investigated a little bit the very same question, in order to port
Liferay (which uses Jackrabbit) under GAE.
And instead of migrating all sql/hibernate stuff to JDO, it appears
incredibly easier to continue to use jdbc, but to use it with
something compliant with GAE.

Once said that, there is several options, but the one we selected as
the most interesting is jiql driver (www.jiql.org) for Google big
tables.
We done some promising prototype with that, I invite you to have a
look to this project.

If you find some good generic solution for file storage (some generic
class overriding to reuse any existing stuff), we are more than
interested ;-)

Best regards,

Francois