Hi MF,

Unfortunately controlling the compression level for a JPEG is not currently
possible in the images API. As you may know, the App Engine servers are not
using PIL, but we use it in the SDK to simulate the server side
functionality which is present in App Engine.

This sounds like a good feature request, would you mind filing it here?:

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues

Thank you,

Jeff