Hi Allen,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Allen <allen.lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Johnson,
>
> I run the application in my local LAN. for example:
>
> dev_appserver.py -a 192.168.1.1 -p 80 myapp
>
> then every one under 192.168.1.x can visit this app by http://192.168.1.1/
> but they can also visit the database directly by
> http://192.168.1.1/_ah/admin
> How can I make sure the "_ah/admin" can be only use at where the
> dev_appserver.py server running on?

You can't, unless you use a reverse proxy in front of the dev_appserver. The
dev_appserver isn't designed for this sort of deployment scenario - it's
supposed to be used entirely for local development - so even if you can
block the /_ah URLs, I wouldn't recommend this approach.

If you want to deploy locally, you might want to look into alternatives like
TwistedAE or AppScale.

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine