On Sep 1, 6:50 am, tijer <troels...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HOWEVER, there is a huge problem. I just did something similar for my
> app, with the result that it immediately gave me massive quota-fails.
> As soon as 100 of the capabilities.CapabilitySet('datastore_v3',
> ['write']).is_enabled() had been used, it began returning over-quota
> errors in the logs.

I am using CapabilitySet and am not seeing the same problem -
currently it has been called 250 times. But thanks for your warning -
I'll be watching it like a hawk.

Also I have posted code similar to yours that checks memcache as well
as datastore - see
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-python/browse_thread/thread/2a74e6fdc79f5704#

Cheers
Greg.