On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Benjamin Schuster-Böckler <
b...@pearcomp.com> wrote:

> Ok, I was mislead then. I thought I could use the task name to check
> if a task is still in the queue, by catching "TaskAlreadyExistsError".
> What's the best way to know if a task is still queued, then?

Set a flag in the datastore when the task has executed, and check for the
existence of this flag. Task names are intended to prevent duplicate tasks
being queued - for example, if you want to enqueue at most one task per
minute, you could name the task "mytask-%Y%m%d" (substituting in the
appropriate date).

-Nick Johnson

--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: