I do have 4 "complex" indexes, but only two of them are for data in
any volume of significance.
I would have guessed that their size was expressed as part of the
metadata.

Also it seems a bit steep, that the indexes should consume 5 times the
size of all the data, since they should only
operate on a few properties.