memcache is a shared system. Everybody uses from the same 'pool'*. So
if the system as a whole is running out of memory maybe your data will
get evicted.

Some have stated there is also a per user limit (perhaps 10Mb - but it
could change).

As others have stated - never design that the data will be thare later
(maybe the memcache node your data was on was restarted or crashed) -
its a temporally cache. If you find a cached value, bonus(!),
otherwise just generate the data like you where going to anyway.

* I beleive that is how Google have implemented it anyway.