On Oct 30, 12:11 am, Roy Smith <roy.smith....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've never been there so I'm speculating. Is "deadline exceeded" something
> you can catch and then still perform further processing?
> One would expect that allowing you further processing would somewhat defeat
> the objective of having a deadline in the first place.

Yes, you can catch the exception and do further processing, but the
amount of processing you can do is very limited because there's a hard
limit that comes very soon after DeadlineExceeded and your instance
will be stopped completely.  You probably have enough time to throw up
a pretty error message to the user, probably not enough to do anything
at all resource-intensive.