All of my apps are out too, with Error 500
however they are not DeadlineExceeded Errors

But

Request was aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service your
request. Most likely, this indicates that you have reached your
simultaneous active request limit. This is almost always due to
excessively high latency in your app. Please see
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas.html for more details.

But I never have that much traffic, no traffic is showing in the
statistics, and no requests except for my test visits.
The other site that is failing no one even knows about.  So the over
quota isn't possible.

Looks like the problem is pretty bad and widespread,