All,

I've been reading about the App Engine and trying to go over the
terms, &c. to determine if the following idea makes sense and is
allowed. It appears as though it is, but I figured I should maybe get
some feedback from anyone who might know.

Basically, I would like to develop a simple application using GAE and
offer it up to customers via the web using the Software As A Service
model. However, due to the nature of the application, I would like to
give customers the option to run the application locally as well. In
the situation where the application runs locally, I'd like to have the
option to have it forward any changes that are made locally to the GAE
hosted datastore (and maybe eventually vice-versa) in order to offer a
partial on-line backup (I would be making backups of the entire GAE
datastore as well in case something happens to the GAE account).

So my questions are:

1) Is it allowed to charge for use of a GAE-hosted application? Any
suggestions or success stories on this?

2) Has anyone had any success in using TyphoonAE? I'd like run the
same code locally and in GAE as much as possible and this seems like a
great solution?

3) I would like to allow customers to embed portions of the
application in their website using snippets (like how iWeb works) so
that they can integrate easily using simple design tools. Has anyone
had any success with this?

I'm in the process of designing my app, regardless of whether I use
GAE. One alternative is the use Amazon EC2. Has anyone got any insight
on using both, perhaps which they prefer?

Thanks In Advance!

Sam