Is your processing not possible with the deferred module added in 1.2.5

http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/deferred.html

If you launch many tasks to process the uploads you waste a lot of CPU
retrieving the data needed. With the deferred method you run for about
30 sec, then store the state and schedule to get called again. You can
setup multiple deferred tasks to process 1 upload by using parameters
of the function that deferred calls.