Hello,

I am developing an aplication on wich I need to digitaly sign
documents, using a x509 certificate and a private key. For what I have
been reading, I can't get permissions to read user's arquive files, so
I can't read its private key to sign under client side, because its
out of the sandbox. The applet workaround for something like is
signing the applet and make the user acept the applet certificate.

So my first question is: Is there any way I can do something like
signing an applet (signing GAE aplication?) to get this kind of
permissions?

My second question is about interation with browser. I haven't study
much of it yet, but is it possible to send a request to the browser
and make it sign and retrieve the signed document? I could achieve
this using smart card's, for example.

Thanks in advance.