Hi all.

I'm working on a GWT/GAE project where the idea is to create a portal
for sport teams. Each sport team can sign up to get an account where
they can register players, keep track of leagues, matches, statistics
and so on. Each team should also be able to use their own domain,
which automatically should load the site with their configuration when
entered (basically just load the gwt-app with some url-parameter that
is forwarded to server-side).

So, coming from a normal SQL-environment, it seems to me that each
team that signs up should get their own private database for all their
data. As I understand it, this is not possible with GAE datastore?
There is a one-to-one mapping between an application and a datastore?

If this is the case, then what is the best way forward? I guess each
entity could have a team ID, but it really doesn't seem like a good
idea. There should be some kind of isolation between the different
teams' data.

Registering a new GAE app for each team is not an option either since
we expect at least hundreds of teams.

So, is there some way to isolate entities from each other within a GAE
datastore?
Also, would it be feasible from a performance point of view to do
this?

Or is simply GAE not the right way to go for this kind of web
offering?

Thanks in advance.

BR, Andreas