Sometimes my cron jobs fail with a HTTP 500 error and message:-

Request was aborted after waiting too long to attempt to service your
request. Most likely, this indicates that you have reached your
simultaneous dynamic request limit. This is almost always due to
excessively high latency in your app. Please see
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas.html for more details.

When this happens the logs show that the job took about 10086ms of CPU
time. The cron is the only job running in the application and it fires
one request every 5 minutes. I don't see any reason of why the quota
for simultaneous request should be exceed by this one req/5 minutes
application. There is nothing else this application is doing.

If i access the same page (which has admin only permissions - so i am
sure no one else can access it) from a browser it never fails.

Can someone help me with this?