A common task is to identify the country of origin for an incoming IP
address.  Seems silly for each of us to upload a country/IP database
to GAE.  Is there already a centralized way to handle this?

I saw this post (http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/
browse_thread/thread/50b7042f33166aba/c5e2dfcfd4d26af5?
lnk=gst&q=country+ip+address#c5e2dfcfd4d26af5), but it's unclear to me
how reliable this is or whether it's being maintained.

BTW, if we can get country, can we get lower level divisions (e.g.
state/province) as well?