Yes, it happened to many including my site aroud Dec 23. The solution
is:
  (1) to deactive your site in google Apps.
  (2) deactivate, then permanently delete your site under GAE. Your app
id at appspot.com is intact. It will take around 72 hours to completely
delete your application in GAE.
  (3) re-map your application url and unload your application.

Hope this may help.

Duong BaTien
DBGROUPS amd BudhNet