I am having problems when running an application I've built.

I add users to my application by posting text through a regular form,
the text is split by line breaks and then resulting array is then
processed one entry at the time. The user is saved and afterwards a
welcome email is sent out.

I wanted to add 74 people to my application, but the function broke
after 66 people had been added, just 6 people short, the page
displayed this error:
"OverQuotaError: The API call mail.Send() required more quota than is
available."

This is odd because I have a huge allowance and according to the
dashboard email quota:
66.00 of 12000.00 Emails (1%)

While going through the array row-by-row and processing each entry at
the time I build up a string that will be displayed by the HTML once
the whole list has been processed. This string is then passed on to
the template rendering and displayed in the HTML.
Could this affect what is taking place or would it not matter?