Chris,

My understanding is that all 50 properties will be updated in Entities
table.  In addition the index tables will be updated.  This is
behavior reguardless of whether you are using Low-level data API, JDO
or JPA. Probably the same behvior for Python as well since this at the
AppEngine datastore level.  I believe Max Ross discusses this in
question from audience in Google IO - 2008 - Softer side of Schemas
presentation....

Thanks
Enrique Perez
Austin, Texas