Hi everybody,

Sorry for the double post! I wanted to let you know an issue already
exists for this problem:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2396.
I'm still unsure if it's because we are using the API incorrectly or
if this is really a bug.

In the last few days, I've been trying to reduce the running time of
my tasks by splitting them even more. I realized that some of them did
timeout occasionally. They would eventually succeed, because failed
tasks are re-executed by the engine, but strangely those URLs did fail
very often with "Request was aborted..." (>40% of all requests failed
like this). I started to wonder if they were somehow marked as being
"bad" by the engine because they are long-running. Other faster URL
would occasionally fail, but the rate was much smaller. If we take a
look at these URL (data taken directly from my dashboard):

Task A, "Request was aborted..." error rate (45%)  (running time >
15s, will sometimes fail due to timeouts)
Task B, "Request was aborted..." error rate (4.8%) (running time <
200ms )
Task C, "Request was aborted..." error rate (18%)  (running time 4-5s)

I'm still experimenting with this, I will let you know if I'm able to
reduce the error rate of Task A. I'm currently splitting all my tasks
so that each of them writes to only one entity (before I would split
them in groups of 30-40).

Jason (Google), what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!