Hello.  I am not new to app engine, so do I understand completely
transactions and entity groups, and the idea of rolling forward/
backward unfinished work is not new to me.

What I am confused about is "The rule of thumb is that an entity
groups size should be the size of a single users worth of data or
smaller."

I would like to know if making a users entity group composed of a
maximum of up to 500 entities in size is okay.  500 seems to me like
an okay number, but I have no idea what the app engine team
recommends.

In my case, the 500 entities are composed of data very specific to a
single user that only they would work on.  This would not include any
social data entities, such as messages sent back and forth among
users, as these types of entities could literally number into the tens
of thousands or even hundreds of thousands for a single user.  So to
clarify, data such as social messages will not be included in the 500
entities I am talking about.

If anyone could shed light on this topic, that would be greatly
appreciated.