Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. It is really helpful and encouraging to know
that there are successful e-Commerce models already running good on
GAE. Your online shop looks GREAT! Clean and intuitive design with
simple cart + payment structure. And yes, it is pretty much the same
that I want to do for my service - to write a custom (yet simple)
shopping cart and be able to control and change anything quick and
easy (as I understand it)... and due do appEngine development
simplicity phenomenon I actually enjoy doing it right now, but, as I
mentioned above, my main concern is all about the simplicity of
adding, controlling, 'rewiring' and, the last but not least, securing
clients online payments. I'm pretty sure it is relatively easy for an
experienced web programmer (especially Google programmer;) to set it
up nicely from the scratch but not that transparent for a beginner
(like myself) to make that part running properly without fiddling with
different approaches, trials and fails... and true, I wish there were
a couple of reliable open-source e-commerce solutions already to
investigate and rely on. Also I guess there could be a decent
guideline for embedding  Google Checkout service... at least it seems
natural as it is Google's proprietary online paying system.

Thanks,
NG