Well if you using a custom domain, its 'Google Hosting'/ghs that used
to serve your site, not appspot.com itself.

ghs.google.com is shared by blogger, Google Apps, and a number of services.

So it might not be appspot that is being 'blocked' as such, but any
number of other hosted services (eg a blogger blog)