Hi everybody!

I am using the java implementation and seeing the following error
logged sporadically, both in the development server and live. Note
that it does not seem to be a "real" error, as the commit always goes
through and my data looks perfectly fine. Could it be a low-level
exception that is not converted back to a JDOException? Is it a real
error?

org.datanucleus.transaction.Transaction commit: Operation commit
failed on resource:
org.datanucleus.store.appengine.datastorexaresou...@608d41, error code
UNKNOWN and transaction: [DataNucleus Transaction, ID=Xid=

I think the root cause of this problem is that I'm reading entities
from one entity group, cache them and then I open a transaction on
another entity group. In short, I spawn tasks that first read 30 or so
entities and copy a subset of their content into memory. Then, I open
a transaction and cache this content to a "global" entity (just a
wrapper around a Blob) for later use.  My goal is to go over all the
entities of a kind (1000s) and cache a subset of their data that I
often need. The cache and the other entities are not in the same
entity group. If I only perform the transaction, without reading the
other entities first the error does not occur.

Note that I'm doing this very carefully -- I perform all my data store
operations inside of a try/catch && for loop to retry if necessary.

Thanks for any help!
Marc