Duly noted.  However, I'm not about to rewrite a bulk of my code over a
single issue I'm having.  At the time I started this, I hadn't realized
Objectify existed and tried using JDO which turned out to be a gigantic
nightmare, so I slimmed it down and wrote my own wrapper similar to
Objectify.  Right now the only pressing issue is that ancestor queries
aren't working as expected and it's driving me nuts.  Could you perhaps
point me to some source in Objectify that executes an ancestor query that I
may be able to see?

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Jeff Schnitzer <j...@infohazard.org>wrote:

> The documentation I wrote up here might help:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/objectify-appengine/wiki/Concepts
>
> You might consider using something like Objectify (or Twig, or
> SimpleDS, etc) instead of the Low-Level API.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Patrick Twohig
> <patr...@namazustudios.com> wrote:
> > Aside from the Javadocs, does there exist any further documentation on
> the
> > GAE/J low-level API.  I've had a handfull of issues with it so far and
> I'm
> > at a bit of a loss.  I'm having trouble with ancestor queries.
> > Specifically, I'm not getting any child entities when I look for objects
> > with no kind specified and just an ancestor.  However, the equivalent
> code
> > in python performs as expected.
> >
> > I was also curious how GAE/J organizes transactions.  From what I gather
> in
> > the documentation, each transaction is organized in a ThreadLocal stack.
> > Every time you call DatastoreService.beginTransaction() it creates a new
> > transaction, pushes it on the thread local stack then when it's done,
> it's
> > popped of.  I was curious if it may be possible to add a method that can
> > provide the current transaction given a particular key somehow.
> >

> > --
> > Patrick H. Twohig.
> >
> > Namazu Studios
> > P.O. Box 34161