Hi Davide,

The Protocol Buffers we use on App Engine are built using a different
version of the Protocol Buffer library to the one that was open sourced. If
you want to use Protocol Buffers yourself, you'll need to include the
library with your app.

-Nick Johnson

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Davide Cerbo <davidece...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> someone use Google Protobuf on GAE? And know what version is installed? I
> have deploy a project that use it and I have the follow exception:
>

> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> com.google.protobuf.Descriptors$FileDescriptor.internalBuildGeneratedFileFrom(Ljava/lang/String;[Lcom/google/protobuf/Descriptors$FileDescriptor;Lcom/google/protobuf/Descriptors$FileDescriptor$InternalDescriptorAssigner;)V
>

> Searching around the web I've found that is a problem of version. I use
> version 2.2.0 while GAE doesn't use it :(
>

> I have deployed it with my WAR but it is ignored.
>

> Someone can tell me what version user GAE?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Davide

> Davide Cerbo
>
>  --

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number:
368047