On Feb 19, 1:35 pm, Prasad <pra...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> I have just started to learn Google datastore. I am just doin one
> small application as an experiment and tht needs a database and for
> this reason I am using datastore. I just have a fundamental doubt.
> Does for small application and few queries will need to pay. I mean is
> it free and if yes how much i.e what is the limit? I read that it is
> CPU time how is that calculated?

If it's really a "small application", it will almost certainly be
free.  If you don't enable billing, it's free regardless, you'd just
start hitting over quota exceptions once the quota was used up.  I
believe all of the free quotas are intended to work within the 1.3
million requests per day for typical applications.  IMO if you're
seeing a significant % of that you're probably outside of most
reasonable definitions of "small". :)