Hi,

I would recommend to base64-encode the binary data before url-encoding it, because this method requires less space / bandwidth. In my opinion, this is also easier to work with, especially if you use different languages (AJAX etc.).

-Ulrich
Iap wrote:
Hi,

I have a weird problem: If I make a request with binary value parameters,
I can not get it back from the self.request.get. For example:

http://xxx.appspot.com/index?data=%E2%E3%5D6%BD%3Bj%C2%EEW%C5o%1B*K%07

The "%E2%E3%5D6%BD%3Bj%C2%EEW%C5o%1B*K%07" is the escaped binary string.

Then, in the GAE ("def get(self):")
data = self.request.get('data')
The returned data is not the original one. It seems to be encoded into unicode.
My work-around  is to retrieve the original query_string by
self.request.query_string.

I'd like to know if is there any other method that I can get the
non-unicode-encoded query values?

Thanks in advance,