Have you looked into the "geohash" method? It is not perfect but I think there are a number of people using that technique.

Robert

On Mar 2, 2010, at 16:52, "vendor.net" <vendor....@gmail.com> wrote:

I read many articles about geocaching and etc, but I still can`t find
a way to do this:

I have a DB:
- id
- latitude
- longitude

I have a latitude-x and longitud-y and I want to search my DB for
records which are in 10 miles radius of the given latitude-x and
longitud-y on Java.

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google App Engine" group. To post to this group, send email to google- appeng...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-appengine+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en .