If I initialize the 96 integer property columns that I defined with a
default value of zero (default=0), then everything works fine - the
datastore viewer and the query in my application work as expected.

I will post a better set of information on this shortly.  What I
experienced was actually easily reproducible in the development
environment.

It was almost as if the model was forgetting about the null (None)
columns, since they were "so far" to the right of the row.  As if they
were not there.  So, initializing to zero made sure that there was
something there (as if it were a placeholder almost.)