Hello...

I'm writing a django based app on GAE and I have models that I need to
calculate things like averages, max, min, and other similar aggregate
functions across various fields amongst entities in the datastore.
Typically with a relational db this is accomplished with a standard
query, but not with GAE. I've decided that it would be best to
implement a different model to keep track of all of the averages,
totals, etc. whenever updates are made.

Originally I was thinking that I could offload the processing to the
taskqueue, which sounded like a good idea, but before I get myself in
too deep I want to check to see if anyone has a better suggestion to
implement such tasks. I expect that the data in my application will be
significant so an efficient solution is needed.

Thanks in advance.
Patrick