PoulS wrote:
Apparently the datastore doesn't support wildcard queries. As long as
the query just has a trailing %, I suppose you could emulate them with
combined >= and < filters, but what would you specify for the <
filter ?
Let's say you have a search string like
search = u'abc'
I can think of two ways to do this:
>= search AND < search + u'\U0010ffff'
which will not work if one of your matches begins with
   search+u'\U0010ffff'
but that is very unlikely...

And the other solution is
>= search AND < search[:-1] + unichr(ord(search[-1])+1)

-Ulrich

As an aside, I'm rather puzzled by the limitations of the query
language, compared with SQL. Are there any resources explaining these
limitations and pssible workarounds..?