Even we have been trying to work around this issue.
As an aside, users who are currently logged in (if you are using
google's auth) can ALSO send email (email can have that ID as the from
ID) if I have read the docs. correctly.
So, if you want to do background sending, you can send the email from:
users+realuse...@yourdomain.com
So that when you get a reply to that ID, you know who it is for.
We also set up catch all handlers since there is no restriction on the
To address when recieving mail.
So, realuse...@yourdomain.com is also valid.

Regards,
-Dhruv.