Ikai,

THe Android version is in the works, but the last Android app we put out
bombed miserably so we went to iPhone.  Though since it's Java, I can
probably copy a bunch of the stuff over to the Android client and turn it
around much faster than the iPhone version.  You also may be interested to
note is that we advertised the application at PAXE in Boston this past
weekend.  People definitely responded to the ad and our usage ramped up
quite high and AppEngine kept up with few issues.  On that note, how do I
feature it in the App gallery?

Derek:

It's all Polling over HTTP.   The original design used push notifications
combined with polling, but that ended up not happening and we just went with
polling.  It's not ideal, and I'd like to take the comet approach at some
point to make it a bit more responsive.

Pat.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:23 PM, A1programmer <derrick.simp...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Wow, it looks amazing!
>
> I'm curious as to how you implemented the communication, did you use
> polling over HTTP, or XMPP ?
>
> - Derrick
>
> On Mar 30, 2:47 pm, Patrick Twohig <patr...@namazustudios.com> wrote:
> > Last Thursday my app went live and I thought I'd share it with everybody
> on
> > here.  Despite the frustrations with GAE/J, we're reasonably pleased with
> > it.  If anybody wants to check it out, download iDuel from the AppStore.
> >
> > http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iduel-online/id360729665?mt=8
> >
> > --
> > Patrick H. Twohig.
> >
> > Namazu Studios