May I revise that "perfect for our needs" remark?

We are creating a service focused on US education and thus will not be
useful to anyone outside the US. We want people in the US to be able
to register for free. But since non-US folks wouldn't get any benefit
from the service, I'd just as soon not even let them reach my web site
-- why add to my server load?

It was perfect until I realized that to blacklist every country except
the US would take about 100,000 entries, a lot more than the 100-entry
limit of the dos.yaml file. I guess I will need to do that
verification inside my application.

Any other ideas?