Hello,

This post is directed to the appengine developers who work for Google.

In the past I have, on my local appengine server, fixed source code
eliminate use of deprecated code.  But going forward I see it is much
better if the fix is made at the source of the distribution.

I am running Ubuntu 9.10 on my desktop system where I run the local
appengine server and I get the message below when I start the server.

/home/joe/google_appengine_1.3.2/google/appengine/tools/appcfg.py:41:
DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib
module instead
  import sha
/home/joe/google_appengine_1.3.2/google/appengine/tools/
dev_appserver_login.py:33: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is
deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import md5

Joe