Could someone offer a bit more detail regarding the meaning of this
message. I have just started receiving it on what I thought was a
fairly minor operation (calling ~1,500 records from the datastore and
then looping through them to create a list based on various
properties). I now get the following message each time this process
runs:

Exceeded soft memory limit with 187.34 MB after servicing 1 requests
total

This seems very severe given the nature of the process that I am
running (according to the dashboard my entire datastore is only 31
MB!)