Hi Delzad,

Can you provide sample data? Have you tried passing an example date directly
to datetime.datetime.strptime with that format string, to see if it works?

-Nick Johnson

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Delzad <delzad.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Bit confused about the data stores ability to take in data.
>
> i'm trying to upload a data value in the format, %m/%d/%Y, but i keep
> getting the error message: ValueError: time data 'Date' does not match
> format '%m/%d/%Y'.
>
> My CSV file contains data in this exact same format.
>
> here is the main bit of my loader file.
>
> class loaders(bulkloader.Loader):
>  def __init__(self):
>    bulkloader.Loader.__init__(self, 'New_aviva',
>                               [('Date',lambda x:
> datetime.datetime.strptime(x, '%m/%d/%Y').date()),
>                                ('Open', int),
>                                ('high', int),
>                                ('low', int),
>                                ('close', int),
>                                ('volume', int),
>                                ('adjclose', int)
>                               ])
>
> Although I have managed to fix this error...if I take in the date
> property as a STRING, it works just fine, but then I have issues with
> the GQL in the data store, as I would not be able to access them in
> any order.
>
> So i need to take in date as a DATE value.
>
> Guidance appriciated.

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine Google Ireland Ltd. ::
Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number: 368047